研究方向：Insect Ecology and Pest Forecast
I read Plant Protection at Hunan Agricultural University between 1991 and 1995, and moved to Nanjing Agricultural University to study my Master's degree in Entomology between 1995 and 1998. After that I worked at Department of Entomology of Nanjing Agricultural University. I did my PhD in Insect Ecology from 2000 to 2003 at Nanjing Agricultural University. From September 2009 to August 2010 I joined the Aphid's Group of Charles at University of Oxford for a postdoctoral study on aphid endosymbionts. Now I work at Department of Entomology in Nanjing Agricultural University.
My work involves insect ecology, population differentiation and evolution, relationship between insect and host plant, and pest monitoring using hyperspectral remote sensing technique.
1. Liu Xiang-Dong*, Xu Ting-Ting, Lei Hai-Xia.Refuges and host shift pathways of host-specialized aphids Aphis gossypii.Scientific Reports,2017,7:2008.
2. Bodlah Muhammad Adnan, Gu Ling-Ling, Tan Ye, Liu Xiang-Dong*.Behavioural adaptation of the rice leaf folder Cnaphalocrocis medinalis to short-term heat stress.Journal of Insect Physiology,2017,100:28-34.
3. Zhang Yuan-Chen, Lei Hai-Xia, Miao Ning-Hui, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Comparative transcriptional analysis of the host-specialized aphids Aphis gossypii (Hemiptera: Aphididae). Journal of Economic Entomology,2017,110(2):702-710.
4. Qian Qiu, Gu Ling-Ling, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Can the young larvae of Cnaphalocrocis medinalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) tolerate the heat stress in summer? Environmental Entomology,2017,46(1):125-130.
5. Bodlah Muhammad Adnan, Zhu A-Xiu, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Host choice, settling and folding leaf behaviors of the larval rice leaf folder under heat stress. Bulletin of Entomological Research,2016,106,809-817.
6. Liu Xiang-Dong*, Sun Qi-Hua. Early assessment of the yield loss in rice due to the brown planthopper using a hyperspectral remote sensing method.International Journal of Pest Management,2016, 62(3):205-213.
7. Zhang Yuan-Chen, Cao Wen-Jie, Zhong Le-Rong, Godfray H Charles J., Liu Xiang-Dong*. Host plant determines the population size of an obligate symbiont (Buchnera aphidicola) in aphids. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2016, 82(8):2336-2346.
8. Huang Jian-Rong,Sun Jia-Yi, Liao Huai-Jian, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Detection of brown planthopper infestation based on SPAD and spectral data from rice under different rates of nitrogen fertilizer.Precision Agriculture, 2015,16(2):148-163.
9. Yu Ju-Long, An Zhi-Fang, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Wingless gene cloning and its role in manipulating the wing dimorphism in the white-backed planthopper, Sogatella furcifera. BMC Molecular Biology,2014,15:20.
10. Liao Huai-Jian, Qian Qiu, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Heat shock suppresses mating and sperm transfer in the rice leaf folder Cnaphalocrocis medinalis. Bulletin of Entomological Research,2014,104(3):383-392.
11. Xu Ting-Ting, Ma Ting-Ting, Liu Xiang-Dong*. How does the host-specialized aphid deal with food deficiency? Insect Science,2014,21(3):334-341.
12. Wu Wei, Liang Xin-Li, Zhao Hai-Yang, Xu Ting-Ting, Liu Xiang-Dong*. Special plant species determines diet breadth of phytophagous insects: A study on host plant expansion of the host-specialized Aphis gossypii Glover.PLOS ONE,2013,8(4): e60832.
13. Liu Xiang-Dong*, Zhang Ai-Min. High temperature determines the ups and downs of small brown planthopper Laodelphax striatellus population. Insect Science,2013,20(3):385-392.
14. Huang Jian-Rong, Liao Huai-Jian, Zhu Yu-Bo, Sun Jia-Yi, Sun Qi-Hua,Liu Xiang-Dong*. Hyperspectral detection of rice damaged by rice leaf folder (Cnaphalocrocis medinalis). Computers and Electronics in Agriculture,2012,82:100-107.
2013. The Jiangsu Science and Technology Progress Award (First Prize), Rank 3.
2015. The National Science and Technology Progress Award (Second Prize), Rank 8.