Department of Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University
Genomics and Bioinformatics of Oomycete-Plant Interactions
Education & Work Experience
Associated professor, 2017-, Nanjing Agricultural University, China
Assistant professor, 2013-2016, Nanjing Agricultural University, China
(Joint Ph. D., 2011-2012, Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, USA)
Ph. D., 2008-2013, Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University, China
1. Ye W, et al. Filamentous pathogen effectors interfering with small RNA silencing in plant hosts. Current Opinion in Microbiology 2016, 32:1-6.
2. Ye W, et al. Sequencing of the litchi downy blight pathogen reveals it is a Phytophthora Species with downy mildew-like characteristics. Mol Plant Microbe Interact 2016, 29:573-583.
3. Ye W, et al. Digital gene expression profiling of the Phytophthora sojae transcriptome. Mol Plant Microbe Interact 2011, 24:1530-1539.
4. Ye W, et al. Phylogenetic and transcriptional analysis of an expanded bZIP transcription factor family in Phytophthora sojae. BMC Genomics 2013, 14:839.
5. Ye W, et al. Comparative genomic analysis among four representative isolates of Phytophthora sojae reveals genes under evolutionary selection. Frontiers in Microbiology 2016, 7:1547.
6. Jiang L#, Ye W # (co-first author), et al. A Puf RNA-binding protein encoding gene PlM90 regulates the sexual and asexual life stages of the litchi downy blight pathogen Peronophythora litchii. Fungal Genet Biol 2017, 98:39-45.
7. Ye W, et al. Bioinformatics analysis reveals abundant short alpha-helices as a common structural feature of oomycete RxLR effector proteins. PLoS One 2015, 10:e0135240.
8. Ye W, et al. Genome-wide identification and transcriptional analysis of the MAPK genes in Phytophthora sojae. Acta Phytopathol Sin 2016, 46:338-346.
9. Ye W, et al. Gene expression profiling of a PsMPK1-silenced mutant of Phytophthora sojae. J Nanjing Agric Univ 2016, 3:386-393.
10. Ye W, et al. SeqHunter: a bioinformatics toolbox for local Blast and sequence analysis. China Journal of Bioinformatics 2010, 8:364-377.
11. Ma Z, et al. A paralogous decoy protects Phytophthora sojae apoplastic effector PsXEG1 from a host inhibitor. Science 2017, 355(6326):710-714.
12. Huang J, et al.An oomycete plant pathogen reprograms host pre-mRNA splicing to subvert immunity. Nature Communations 2017, 8(1):2051.
13. Jing M, et al. A Phytophthora sojae effector suppresses endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated immunity by stabilizing plant Binding immunoglobulin Proteins. Nature Communations 2016, 7:11685.
14. Ma Z, et al. A Phytophthora sojae glycoside hydrolase 12 protein is a major virulence factor during soybean infection and is recognized as a PAMP. Plant Cell 2015, 27:2057-2072.
15. Wang Q, et al. Transcriptional programming and functional interactions within the Phytophthora sojae RXLR effector repertoire. Plant Cell 2011, 23:2064-2086.
16. Kong L, et al. A Phytophthora effector manipulates host histone acetylation and reprograms defense gene expression to promote infection. Current Biology 2017, 17:30214-2.
17. Kong G, et al. The activation of Phytophthora effector Avr3b by plant cyclophilin is required for the nudix hydrolase activity of Avr3b. PLoS Pathogens 2015, 11:e1005139.
18. Dong Y, et al. Global genome and transcriptome analyses of Magnaporthe oryzae epidemic isolate 98-06 uncover novel effectors and pathogenicity-related genes, revealing gene gain and lose dynamics in genome evolution. PLoS Pathogens 2015, 11:e1004801.
19. Yang B, et al. Distinct regions of the Phytophthora essential effector Avh238 determine its function in cell death activation and plant immunity suppression. New Phytologist 2017, 214(1):361-375.
20. Yu X, ... The RxLR effector Avh241 from Phytophthora sojae requires plasma membrane localization to induce plant cell death. New Phytologist 2012, 196:247-260.
Personal Portal in ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wenwu_Ye
Bioinformatics software SeqHunter2：http://sourceforge.net/projects/seqhunter2/files
Phytophthora Transcriptome Database 1.0：http://phy.njau.edu.cn/ptd
Oomycete genome database EumicrobeDB：http://www.eumicrobedb.org